Vanegas Law Group, APC is a boutique law firm located in Walnut Creek, California representing individuals in a variety of employment, family law, and civil litigation matters. Our Bay Area lawyers will assist you in navigating a complex and confusing legal landscape, standing by you and fighting for the best possible result for you every step of the way.
We pride ourselves on using the most innovative approaches and delivering excellent results. Our clients expect candid and courageous representation and counsel. As such, our Bay Area lawyers use creative, efficient, and cost-effective tactics and experienced strategies. We collaborate at every step of the process both within the firm and with our clients to pursue a fair resolution with integrity.
Trust Our Bay Area Lawyers for Your Legal Matter
Vanegas Law Group represents individuals in the following legal matters:
- Discrimination and Harassment – Our firm regularly represents clients in their workplace harassment or discrimination complaints.
- Retaliation / Whistleblower – Employees who file complaints against their employer for perceived legal violations cannot be punished or retaliated against under California law.
- Wage and Hour Disputes – If you did not receive overtime or other wages, you need a tenacious and skilled attorney knowledgeable in California’s exacting employment law to enforce your rights.
- PAGA Actions – The Private Attorney General Act allows employees to sue their employer to enforce California’s exacting wage and hour statutes and impose penalties on behalf of the state.
- Severance Agreements – Trust the Vanegas Law Group to help negotiate a fair and enforceable severance agreement on terms most favorable to you.
- Mediation/Collaborative Divorce – Our firm regularly represents clients when they are looking for a collaborative solution to divorce.
- Dissolution of Marriage – A dissolution of marriage, wherein the end you are divorced with orders for child custody and parenting time, support, and division of property, might be in your best interest.
- Custody/Parenting Time – You need an experienced family law attorney to guide you through your options to preserve your parenting rights.
- Domestic Violence – There is no typical domestic violence situation. Trust the Vanegas Law Group to be there for you when you need it.
- Paternity – Establishing biological fatherhood is always the first step, but it is not always as easy as it sounds.
- Step-Parent Adoptions – Contact our experienced family law attorneys to learn more about how we can help with step-parent adoptions.
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements – It is crucial to consult with an attorney experienced in drafting and defending prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to explore your options.
- Employer Disability Discrimination – Employment discrimination against an employee for their physical or mental disability is illegal. Reach out to the skilled disability lawyers of the Vanegas Law Group to discuss your employment discrimination case.
- Failure to Accommodate – Negotiating an accommodation that is as reasonable for the employer as it is effective for the employee can be challenging. A skilled employment lawyer can assist you in obtaining the accommodation you need to be able to resume your work.
- Educational Discrimination – All public schools must operate fairly and provide equal opportunity to all their students regardless of their disability. If your student needs an accommodation or an individual education plan (IEP), contact us without delay to interface with the school administration and resolve the issues.
Disability Retirement Denials
- Social Security Disability Denials – Don’t accept your social security disability denial without a fight. Trust our disability lawyers and their extensive expertise in these matters to maximize your chance of a successful appeal.
- Insurance Disability Denials – Whether you are dealing with an ERISA claim or have to appeal a decision from your employer-provided insurer, our team is standing by to fight these denials.
- CalPERS / CalSTRS Disability Denials – California public employees faced with unfavorable determinations have the right to dispute these decisions under state law. The Vanegas Law Group regularly represents hard-working state workers who were unjustly denied their disability benefits.
- Civil Rights – Under California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, businesses that discriminate against customers based on their protected class are civilly liable. Contact our firm right away if you have a discrimination matter that requires counsel.
- Personal Injury – Our attorneys handle various personal injury cases, from car accidents to wrongful death to premises and product liability.
- Arbitration and Mediation – The Vanegas Law Group regularly evaluates the validity of arbitration clauses and provides skillful representation during the arbitration or mediation process.
- Professional Licensing – When a professionally licensed employee finds themselves facing a noncompliance issue, our firm can assist in protecting their license during the administrative hearing process.
- Unemployment Insurance Denials – Did you receive a denial of unemployment benefits? Trust our skilled employment lawyers to assist you in appealing this decision.
Contact the Vanegas Law Group Now to Explore Your Options
We understand the stress and anxiety that comes with pursuing these types of legal cases and are here to provide you with peace of mind and reliable guidance throughout the process. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to advise you about your legal matter.